Click to enlarge
Ayon Audio's Spirit III
Amplifiers by Ayon Audio
Ayon is pleased to introduce the all new Spirit III, a substantial advancement of our already highly regarded “Spirit II” model offering. The Spirit III is not a simple update; it is a new re-design featuring new circuit boards, automatic bias, bigger power transformer and increased the power supply energy storage two times. The Spirit III is a “superb value” and powerful pentode-triode vacuum tube stereo integrated amplifier. It’s fast, airy, dynamic, punchy and controlled bass, clear and holographic soundstage is already a standard in this amplifier.
Features & Design
Full-featured pure class-A tube stereo integrated amp or pure power amplifier Switchable between pentode and triode mode Ideal also for more difficult loudspeaker loads
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound and hence on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the decision between good and bad tubes but finally the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
• Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
• Power tube and electronic protection circuit system
• 0dB negative feedback (of any kind)
• Ultra short signal path
• Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
• No solid state devices in the signal path
• High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
• Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
• Automatic and manual bias adjustment
• No followers or buffers in the signal path
• High quality parts throughout
• Selector switch engages relays located near RCA jacks to switch all inputs
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
• Low noise –insulated power transformers
• Power transformer is encased, excellent damped and RFI/EMI shielded
• Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
• Choke filtered power supply
• Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
• High current filament-regulator for pre and driver tubes
• Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
• AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
• High capacitance energy storage.
• Current in-rush limiting
• Auto sequencing - Power on cycle completes in 1 minute
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized.
• Ground switch
• Central one-point star earth grounding
• Dual grounding system (switchable)
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer’s major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies, dramatically improving the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
• Super-wide bandwidth high performance output transformer
• High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer
• Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
• Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
• Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
• High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
• Teflon tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
• Ayon – binding posts
• High quality – RCA input jack
• Neutrik/Swiss - XLR chassis connectors
• Teflon isolated - internal wiring
• Silver-cupper matrix - internal signal cable
• Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
• All wiring to the circuit boards is done with the use of special pluggable
• pin- connectors. This is done for ease of repair should ever the need arise.
High Grade Speaker Binding Posts
The new ayon gold plated solid body speaker binding posts provide performance levels that are truly in the very High End. The solid body construction ensures that there is no gap or breach in the flow of electrons. The gold plating provides for superior contact and resistance to oxidation. These binding posts are chosen primarily for their sonic performance, edging out even more expensive counterparts.
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
• Improved heat ventilation chassis
• Custom-made machined control knobs
• The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
• Backlit “ayon” logo
• All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
• 4 line inputs & 1 direct input - for pure power amp operation
• Ground switch
• AC phase polarity control indicator
• Volume & Mute function - RC
• Metal remote commander
• Chassis finish: black / chrome
Ayon Spirit III
Class of Operation
Triode* or Pentode mode, Class-A*
4 x KT88
4 & 8 Ohms
12Hz - 60kHz
Output Power / Pentode mode
KT88 2 x 55 W
Output Power / Triode mode
KT88 2 x 35W
Input sensitivity for full power
Input Impedance at 1 kHz
3x Line In, 1 x XLR In, 1 x Direct In
1 x Pre out
Dimensions (WxDxH) cm
Specifications subject to change without notice