New V3 version available!
What is V3?*
V3 is a direct replacement of V2 amplifier board in all our amplifier
products. Every product will be switched over to V3. For example, IA-7V2 is
How good is V3?*
Listening and measurement tests have shown that V3 is better than V2 in
every way. THD at 10KHz and above have reduced by order of magnitude,
bandwidth increased beyond 70Khz, noise floor lowered further than V2
(incredible SNR) etc.
The NuForce Reference Series mono amplifiers are designed for both high-performance stereo and home-theater use. They can be used for bi-amping, tri-amping and home-theater mixing-and-matching when used with NuForce AVP (Audio-Video Processor) products. The Reference Series mono amplifiers are standardized on a platform consisting of amplifier, power-supply and capacitor modules, any of which can be upgraded when new technology becomes available. NuForce customers pay only the difference in price between the purchased model and its successor. Advancements in technology will never render NuForce mono amps obsolete.
With the exception of the Reference 9 V2 SE mono amp, which has a five-year warranty, NuForce mono amplifiers come with a three-year warranty.
Ref 8.5 V2 and Ref 9 V2 are identical except power supply. Available in black, silver and gold (limited availability)
Ref 9 V2SE utilizes an improved power capacitor board with proprietary Nuforce low ESR capacitor matrix and high performance capacitors. WBT NextGen RCA comes standard with SE. Available in black, silver or rose copper color.
The Ref 9 V2SE adds refinement and delicacy to the already excellent-sounding Ref 9 V2. The tonal balance remains unaltered, and when used in less than the most revealing and transparent systems, the advantages of the SE may not be fully realized.
As excellent as the Ref 9 V2 is, the Ref 9 V2 SE takes the strengths of the Ref 9 V2 to an even higher level. These include:
* Even sweeter highs, without any compromise in frequency extension.
* An even smoother and more palpable midrange, while preserving the natural harmonic structure that the Ref 9 V2 is famous for. The Ref 9 V2 SE is one of the few amplifiers in the world that do not impart its own signature on the music. This results in a more natural and more relaxed presentation.
* The bass remains a huge strength of the amp. The Ref 9 V2 SE has same tightness and texture of the standard Ref 9 V2, but with a little more weight.
* The stage is more coherent and deeper.
In summary, the sound is more neutral and liquid, with a more relaxed yet powerful soundstage presentation as well as those of individual instruments.
* Configuration: Mono Input:
RCA and true balance XLR
Ref 9 V2 / Ref 9 V2SE
Power/Load 8 ohm 4 ohm 2 ohm
Peak Power (20 msec hold time) 325W 650W 1300W
RMS Power 190W 300W 300W
* RMS power is the maximum continuous power. Peak power provide the required instantaneous power boost.
* Power bandwidth: 100 to 20 kHz +/- 0.8 db 10 Hz -0.5 db 60 kHz -3 db
* THD+N = 0.03%, 1kHz, 10W
* Input impedance: 45K ohm
* Gain: 27 db
* SNR = 100 db at 100W
* Eichmann Cable Pod binding post for spade and banana plug (the plastic cap at the end of the binding post can be removed for connecting a banana plug)
* Chassis is made of high-grade anodized brushed aluminum to reduce audio resonance
* Dimension: 8.5" x 14" x 1.8" (height does not include feet)
* Worldwide AC voltage (84VAC to 264VAC). No need for AC regulator if the AC voltage falls within the specified range.
* Weight: 8 lb