The second generation of the CyberLight Digital Data Link cable that is optimized for Transport-to-DAC connections. The Photon Digital is a true 75 OHM RCA Photon Digital cable or 110 OHM AES-EBU Photon Digital (XLR) cable.
- Patent-pending LAM ensures music is never digitized and offers the lowest possible noise floor
- The LAM modules are applied at both ends of the cable, ensuring absolutely no analog-to-digital conversion
- Fiber-optic technology ensures entire signal path is purely analog, without any sampling
- Light transmission through the fiber is uni-directional
- Since back reflection is extremely low (< -55dB), optical isolators are unnecessary
- Leverages telecommunication laser and fiber technology rather than LED and plastic/polymer fiber found in Toslink cables
- Photon light signals make it immune to EMI and RFI interference
- No DC measurement at the receiving termination, with added logic to prevent any possible DC leak to the destination device
- A broader frequency response range and provides even better sound quality and detail presentation
- Musical information is preserved to a greater degree due to complete lack of digitization
- With the signal path being unidirectional, the signal ground loop is completely isolated, creating a much darker background
- True component impedance match for either 75 OHM "RCA" or 110 OHM "XLR"
- One-year warrantee
Revolutionary Fiber Optic Digital Data Link
As two-channel and multi-channel music, and even surround systems, reach ever greater resolutions, selecting the best digital cable to bring each component together in perfect harmony has become one of the most crucial and complex decisions. For the truly discriminating, the choice is fiber-optically clear: Red-jacketed Photon Digital (Transport-to-DAC).
By adapting glass fiber and laser-like technology to the audio realm, Harmonic Technology has created a new generation of interconnects to bring the ultimate level of performance to audiophiles. Through patent-pending, miniaturized LAM (Light Analog Module) Photon Transducers, the Photon Digital converts digital signals to light pulses, with absolutely no further digital conversions—to unleash the sonic depth, accuracy and power of every pulse. The entire signal (pulse) path remains purely analog, without any sampling, to capture amazing clarity.
Figuratively and literally speaking, Photon technology is truly ground-breaking. The photon density modulated light signal (pulse) actually breaks the ground between components yielding a signal largely (or completely with the i-Pure DC Power Supply) unaffected by humming noise along the ground plane. With the signal (pulse) path completely isolated from the ground, the Photon Digital ensures that there is no possibility of the cables passing noise between components, nor acting as an antenna for RFI or EMI induced distortions—keeping the noise floor extremely low and reducing smearing.
Please note: Because there are no physical wires built within the Photon Digital, an extra ground wire may be needed in order to ensure components are on the same ground level.