Ayon Odin ( Stereo version)
Many of our clients have asked for a stereo tube power amplifier that meets Ayon's outstanding design standards, by using the same kind of Ayon’s super triode power tube employed in our Vulcan monoblock amplifier. The Odin is the answer and offers true single-ended operation with the ability to delivers high current & voltage for best sound performance. Throughout, the Odin is engineered without compromise. The speedy bass with dynamic power, life-like realism coupled with 3D airy soundstage, smooth-transparent midrange and frequency extension opens a new musicality quality in its single-ended triode stereo power amplifier class.
Ayon Odin ( Monoblock version)
For the ultimate in flexibility, the stereo Odin can be fully upgraded to an Odin monoblock status; it is easy convert to a monoblock at any point in time. Just add a second Odin to enjoy the benefits of true monoblock operation. The monoblock version of the Odin supplies a prodigious 120 watts of output power per channel.
Features & Design
Full-featured single-ended vacuum tube stereo power amplifier PSE - pure Class-A triode vacuum tube-circuit design throughout all gain stages AA62B Power output tubes high peak current & high voltage delivery Can be fully upgraded to an Odin monoblock version
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound and hence on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the decision between good and bad tubes but finally the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers. Today only few manufacturers still produce tubes for pure audio amplification; one of them is Ayon Audio with its outstanding single-ended triode power tubes (AA32B-S, AA52B-S and AA62B) based on the WE 300B.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our SE-Triode amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Tube and electronic protection circuit system
- 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- No solid state devices in the signal path
- High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- External static bias adjustment
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- High quality parts throughout
Single ended amps are more susceptible to power supply aberrations than push-pull amplifiers. The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a single-ended amplifier. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- 2 separate low noise –insulated power transformers
- Power transformers are encased, excellent damped and RFI/EMI shielded
- Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
- Dual choke filtered power supply for Ayon AA62B
- Dual choke for pre and driver stage
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- Separate high current filament-regulators for pre and driver tubes
- Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- High capacitance energy storage.
- Current in-rush limiting
- Auto sequencing - Power on cycle completes in 1 minute
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Such extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding cannot be over emphasized. There is a delicate balance in the relationship between the positive and negative legs of the signal.
- Ground switch
- Central one-point star earth grounding
- Dual grounding system (switchable)
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer’s major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies, dramatically improving the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
- Super-wide bandwidth high performance output transformer
- High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer
- Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
- Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
- Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
- Teflon tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
- WBT/Germany – binding posts
- WBT/Germany – input jack
- Neutrik/Swiss - XLR chassis connectors
- Teflon isolated - internal wiring
- Silver-cupper matrix - internal signal cable
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
- All wiring to the circuit boards is done with the use of special pluggable pin-connectors.
- This is done for ease of repair should ever the need arise.
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
- Improved heat ventilation chassis
- The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
- Backlit “ayon” logo
- All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
- Ground switch
- AC phase polarity control indicator
- Bias analog-instrument with mV scale
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
Ayon Odin II
Class of Operation
PSE, Pure Class A
4 & 8 Ohms
10Hz - 60kHz
Output Power (Stereo)
2 x 50 Watt
Output Power (Monoblock)
8 Hz - 40 kHz
Input Impedance at 1 kHz
S/N ratio at full power
1 x RCA, 1x XLR
Dimensions (WxDxH) cm
Specifications subject to change without notice