Click to enlarge
MIT - Music Interface Technologies's Magnum M1 Phono
Tonearm Cables by MIT - Music Interface Technologies
Note: Switchable Impedance feature not available for lengths greater than 3 meters. Please specify impedance when placing orders for lengths greater than 3 meters. Consult component manual for input impedance value.
* MIT's phono cables are specifically designed for the unique problems that cartridges and phono preamps present.
* Cartridges generate extremely low output levels, with "high" output cartidges putting 1/1000th the signal level of a typical CD player or any other line level source.
* Noise picked up by the cable can easily distort that signal.
* Additionally, the terminating impedences of most phono preamps are very different from typical line levels.
* This will alter the articulation of the cable if not designed with that in mind.
* To solve both problems, MIT uses a unique double-shielded design for noise free playback, and unique networks with selectable impedence settings (100ohm, 1KOhms and 47KOhms) in order to get the most from your records.
* MIT, using hand picked, precision matched networks, reconfigures the M1 internal components to allow you to tune your Phono interconnects to various input settings.
* By selecting 47KOhms, 1000Ohms, or 100 ohms (with the switch on the network enclosure), you can insure the precise matching of Phono cartridges to pre-amplifier input impedences.
* This is an overall upgrade as significant as the remarkable S1 Phone is over "just cable".
* The M1 has added another level of performance with enhanced spatial cues and a much more dimensional soundstage.
* Articulates effortlessly from fron to back, left to right with lots of air around every instrument.
* Also features our new shielded design for total noise rejection and a velvety black background.