Our pricing for this product is the "MAP Pricing." This means that the prices shown here are the "minimum advertised prices" permitted by the manufacturer. Because these are already the lowest prices possible, the additional incentives usually available under "Frequent Flyer" program do not apply to this item.
Kicking off the River Series, Columbia represents an advanced expression of AudioQuest values and technology at a very attainable investment.
* PSC+ Conductors: Solid conductors prevent strand interaction, a major source of cable distortion. Extremely high-purity Perfect-Surface Copper (PSS) minimizes distortion caused by grain boundaries that exist within any metal conductor, eliminating harshness and greatly increasing clarity compared to all other conducting materials.
* PE Air-tubes: Air is the best insulation because it does not absorb and later release energy. The large PE Air-Tubes used in Columbia have almost nothing but air around the PSC+ conductors.
* Dielectric Bias System (DBS) (US Patent 7,126,055): Greatly improved performance is made possible by a constant 48 volt charge on all Columbia's insulation. When insulation is unbiased, its dielectric properties cause difference amounts of time-delay for each frequency and each signal level, as if each were a coin dropped in different thickness/viscosity shampoo or engine oil.
Similar to how the earth's magnetic field makes all compasses point north, the AQ DBS system creates an electrostatic field which causes the molecules of the insulation to all point in the same direction. This minimizes the multiple nonlinear time-delays. Sound appears from a surprisingly black background with unexpected detail and dynamic contrast. Because DBS battery packs are attached when Columbia cables are assembled, Columbia does not require any additional run-in period. Because there is no "load" on batteries, they will last for years. A test button and LED allow for occasional verification of battery performance.
* Noise-Dissipation System: Two different shield strategies (conductive PVC and foil) are used to greatly reduce RF energy BEFORE getting drained to ground. This significantly reduces signal modulation distortion.
* Triple Balanced: The 3 conductors in "Triple Balanced" Columbia cable ensure that whether prepared with RCA or XLR connectors, the positive and negative signals have equally low distortion conduction paths. The 100% coverage shield is never used as an inferior audio conductor.
* Cold-Welded Connectors: Our new cold-weld system provide a superior connection that ensures that the structual integrity of the conductor is kept completely intact.