Click to enlarge
Ayon Audio's CD-07s CD Player
Digital by Ayon Audio
The CD-07s is a dramatic rethinking of conventional based tube CD-Player industrial designs and represents an absolutely new standard in its price category. It was created to embody in a more affordable CD-Player, all the know-how and expertise acquired developing reference products.
This CD-Player now incorporates many advanced technologies aspects and superior aesthetic from Ayon's upper CD-Player line.
The CD-07s provides exquisite musicality with transparency, dynamic, air, harmonics and resolution.
Features & Design
Full-featured Tube Top Loader CD-Player
Class-A triode vacuum-tube output stage for single-ended & balanced operation
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
• Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
• Warm up function
• 0dB negative feedback (of any kind)
• Ultra short signal path
• Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
• Low output impedance for driving long runs interconnect to an amplifier, and any tube or solid state power amp
• No solid state devices in the analog tube output (signal path)
• Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
• No followers or buffers in the signal path
• No DC servo that degrades the signal
• High quality parts throughout
• Fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship
• Separate analog output stage for left and right channel
• Burr Brown D/A converter
• Upsampling 24bit/192kHz
• USB input 24/96kHz
• Digital output & input - S/PDIF (RCA)
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a 5687 output stage. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
• R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformer for digital & analog
• Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
• Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
• Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start for 5687
• AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
• 8 separate voltage regulators
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
• Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
• High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
• High quality Teflon tube sockets with gold pins
• MKP capacitors
• High quality – RCA & XLR jack
• Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
• Modified suspension system to isolate the CD-transport from mechanical vibrations
• Anti-vibration magnetic integral CD-clamp system combined with dark acrylic CD-cover
• AC phase polarity control indicator
• The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
• Metal remote commander
• Chassis finish: black / chrome
192kHz / 24 bit
Output level @1 kHz / 0,775V -0dB
2V or 4V rms
Output impedance Single-Ended-RCA
~ 300 Ohms
Output impedance Balanced-XLR
~ 300 Ohms
75 Ohm S/PDIF (RCA)
75 Ohm S/PDIF (RCA) & USB
> 117 dB
20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.3dB
Total harmonic distortion @ 1kHz
RCA & XLR
Dimension (WxDxH) cm
Specifications subject to change without notice