Click to enlarge
EAT (Euro Audio Team)'s Cool Dampers (Each)
Tube Accessories by EAT (Euro Audio Team)
MULTIFUNCTIONAL VALVE RING
The Cool Damper is a radical new device for the tube accessory industry from EAT – EuroAudioTeam. This beautifully crafted audio product offers much more than simply adding a new styling twist to your valves by surrounding them in new, fashionable colours. It brings exceptional acoustic performance and function to your system by delivering sound that redefines the tube dampening category.
Carefully chosen materials for our Cool Damper device allows using it as a truly effective vibration-consuming damper. This results in reduced distortion from the tube circuit, as well as vastly reducing the tendency of most vacuum tubes to act in a microphonic manner. In addition, the sound from a component utilizing Cool Dampers can be heard to have more controlled and deeper bass, a cleaner sound stage, crisper and greater dynamic range, and better focus of the entire sound field.
The Cool Damper also reduces the operating temperature of the glass envelope of an electron tube by about 10 %, which of course acts to appreciably extend the lifetime of the tubes.
The Cool Damper is a result of many years of rigorous research and development. This high-fidelity, consumerfriendly product is easy to install, and fabulously simple in design. We found, from all tested materials, that the most suitable is a relatively soft aluminum extrusion coated with a special blended mix of Teflon and Carbon composite PTFE. The precise shapes of the EAT Cool Dampers are finished with long-lasting anodic oxidation colours. This makes these cooling rings an aesthetically attractive, as well as functional, accessory for your valued vacuum tube equipment.
For flexible and easily detachable contact of the aluminium body to the sometimes erratic cylindrical surfaces of various tubes, we use six special carbon-teflon composite stripes (V profile). Appropriate design and materials of the Cool Dampers compensate for the naturally resonant tendencies of both glass and aluminium, and work to transform active vibrational energy into thermal energy, which is then dissipated as heat radiation.
Tube dampers in one form or another have been around for many years, but these from EAT are so much more effective than any previous efforts that they deserve to be auditioned on their own merit.
How it works?
1. Dampers are from the factory preinstalled. This means 6 pieces of the V profiles are positioned in the middle of the hexagon.
2. By moving the V profiles along the face away from the corner it is possible to move it closer to the center of the hexagon and thus the valve wall. By this simple expedient, tubes from 19 mm to 22 mm in diameter can be accommodated, which covers most eventualities.
3. Diameters of the most valves are usually smaller on the top of the erratic glass envelope than on the bottom. By sliding the valve over damper in an up side down position (see picture on the right) you can easily install it. In a case, damper slides down the glass or is to narrow just change position of the V profiles (see pictures A, and C).
Where do you use EAT Cool Dampers?
Inner side of the damper has 3 × 6 channels for a wide range of diameters from 19.5 to 22 mm. This means it fits to the following valves:
- 12AT7: ECC81, 6201, E81CC, ECC801, B309, 6060, 6679, 7728, CV455, CV2016, CV8154
- 12AU7: ECC82, E82CC, 6067, B339, 5814, 6189, 6680, 7730, CV491, CV8155
- 12AX7: ECC83, E83CC, ECC803, 7025, 5751, 7058, 7729, 6681, CV492, CV8156
- 6DJ8: ECC88, E88CC, 6922
- EL84, EF86 and many others.